Saturday, November 7, 2015

Missionaries coming and going = no sleep for me.

Hey Family and Friends,

    This week went great for me down here. Lots of sleepless nights and good experiences. As an office Elder we are in charge of the changes for the mission. That includes all of the new missionaries that come in, all of the missionaries that have received changes and all of the missionaries that will be heading home. That means a lot of work that nobody sees and that's what my role is.

    I love it. I have really come to appreciate what service does for me and how it should make us all feel.

    The past week i wrote about an investigator that we talked to. Well he came to church. I was so excited. . . I am so excited. I am excited to make a covenant with our Heavenly Father. He will be such a great member of the church if he just seeks the truth.

    This week as the missionaries that finished their missions went home, Elder Milton and I were able to snag the first ever Selfie with President McMullin. I feel so accomplished.

     But more on a spiritual note, Id like to share my testimony with you guys about Prophets. I know that if we follow them, we will not be lead astray. I have heard numerous accounts of things that are happened back in the states and as well as here in South America about people not taking heed to the Prophets council. Let me reassure you that Thomas S. Monson speaks with God. He knows what is to come and he the knows what the consequences of our actions will be. Having said that, The Lord is not trying to limit freedoms by telling us that we cant do certain things and taking away our agency. God would never do that. However the Bible and the Book of Mormon have clearly proven that God comes through with his promises. And God has promised us that if we obey his commandments we will be blessed and the opposite of Blessings is what happened to the people Noah´s, Moses´, and Christ´s time. Its a lot less painful if we can learn from other peoples mistakes and follow the commandments of God. I know that God talks to his prophets and apostles.   
"Behold I say unto you, he that denieth these things knoweth not the gospel of Christ; yea, he has not read the scriptures; if so, he does not understand them." Mormon 9:8

     I love you all so much and i pray that you will all follow the council of the prophets and apostles. It will lead us to our biggest goal in life which is Exaltation.

Elder Petersen
Elder Milton, finishing up his mission and heading home

Bryant McMullin, Son the Pres.


First ever selfie of Pres and Sis M...you're welcome!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment